We are delighted to invite you to attend the Oracy Cambridge Conference which will take place on Wednesday, July 3rd 2019 at Hughes Hall College, Cambridge.
At this event, members of the Oracy Cambridge team will present new findings in research on oracy and spoken language in education. There will also be opportunities to join in discussions about implications for policy and practice.
Topics will include:
- Oracy as a driver for curriculum reform (James Mannion)
- Assessing oracy – opportunities and challenges (Ayesha Ahmed)
- Oracy, teaching thinking and the use of new media (Rupert Wegerif)
- Current research translated into practice in the early years (Wendy Lee)
- Oracy development: work in progress to establish a set of oracy scales (Alan Howe)
- Leading the development of oracy at school and system level (Pete Dudley)
- Establishing oracy (Lyn Dawes)
- Oracy and dialogic teaching (Neil Mercer)
- Using Talk Wall to promote and coordinate discussion in school (Paul Warwick)
Tickets will go on sale in the new year. For now – hold the date!